Sample NPTE Question 2013 #18
18. A patient is in the inpatient rehabilitation unit for a total knee replacement. While reviewing the case, you note that the patient has been diagnosed with an infection of Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) and is in an isolation room. What is the MOST appropriate action to take to prevent contamination?
- Don gown, mask, gloves, and respirator before entering the room.
- Inform the physician that the patient cannot receive physical therapy.
- Don gloves when in contact with the patient and wash hands after.
- Begin treatment by washing hands and proceed without protective equipment.
The correct answer is: (Click for Answer)